9-1-1 call takers working in a PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) face a tremendous amount of pressure when answering emergency calls. CommandCentral Smart Transcription is a cloud-based service that takes the voice audio from a 9-1-1 call and transcribes it into a searchable text transcript, offering an easy yet comprehensive way to verify caller information, monitor calls in real-time and store transcripts for post-call analysis.
In an environment where literally every second counts, Smart Transcription:
- Saves time and increases call taker efficiency by providing quick reference to key call details
- Decreases the load on call takers’ working memory of locations, suspects, weapons and vehicles by providing a visual record of the conversation
- Helps supervisors monitor calls in real time from anywhere and know what’s happening as it happens
- Offers trainees a valuable tool as they learn how to interact with callers, officers and systems
- Assists investigators with the ability to search for key vehicles, suspects and location history
Leveraging learning from hundreds of hours of ethnographic research and observation, the Motorola Solutions Design team created Smart Transcription to assist the overworked everyday heroes who answer our emergency calls. The learning curve for the users is minimal, as there are no changes to how they respond to voice and text calls today on their VESTA 9-1-1 system, or to the 9-1-1 call handling function. It is simply a helpful piece of software to save seconds, save effort, and – ultimately – save lives.